Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions November 2013
We have put together these Terms and Conditions to make sure you understand what is involved once you have become a member of the Reader Panel. To become a panel member you must complete and submit this registration questionnaire.
As a panel member you will receive invitations to take part in short surveys from Reader Panel – participation is voluntary and there is no obligation to complete every survey. You may end your participation at any time. You can unsubscribe from the Reader Panel research panel at any time by clicking on the link included in all emails inviting you to fill out a survey and following the instructions.
The panel system used (Panelwise) is hosted and run by Demographix Ltd. No technical support can be given to panel members directly by Demographix. If you have technical queries, use the contact email address used in all panel emails. Cookies are not used when panel members answer surveys. It is strongly advised that you add mailto:email@example.com to your Mail Reader or Spam Filter’s permitted email addresses list to ensure emails are not blocked by your software.
Demographix Ltd ensures that the personal details you provide (such as your first name, last name and e-mail address) are held in a secure database that cannot be accessed by anyone not directly involved in managing the Reader Panel research panel. Any information you provide, either on the registration questionnaire or subsequent questionnaires, is confidential. Data will NOT be sent on to any third parties EXCEPT in those cases where you have given your consent to the contrary. Personal information you provide to us through completing a questionnaire will be reported in aggregate form only. This means your name will not appear alongside any information you give us. No cookies are used by Demographix surveys or panels.
Applicable Law and Code of Conduct
Demographix Ltd is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 at the Information Commissioners Office – Registration number Z1244335. The Panel, Owner of Reader Panel DC Thomson & Co Ltd abides by the requirements of the Code of Conduct issued by the Market Research Society (MRS) in the UK.
Competition and Incentives Details
All incentives and competitions carried out in conjunction with this panel operate under the following terms and conditions:
- The promoter is Reader Panel, owned and managed by D.C. Thomson & Co Ltd, company number SC005830, whose registered office is at Courier Buildings, 2 Albert Square, Dundee DD1 9QJ.
- Winners will be chosen randomly on the 1st of the month following the completion of a survey(s), from all eligible entrants submitted.
- Winners will be notified by email within one week of the closure of the survey, and prizes delivered within one month of winner announcements. A list of winners will be available on www.readerpanel.co.uk The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- There are no alternative prizes.
- Queries about incentives must be addressed to the panel owner/panel promoter at their registered address.